Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday PM

Dear Friends and Family,
There is more than ample evidence of your/our prayers being answered. The fact that Kurt (took off school and family to be here for Pattie) and Peter (took time away from work and family to be here for her. He left today, arriving safely at JFK mid-afternoon our time. and home for a late dinner) have made sacrifices to show the depth of their love and caring for us is one of the great blessings in this trying time. The fact that today Pattie spent sitting up and had the urinary tube removed was further significant evidence of progress. Dr. Donato's saying that it was time for the intestines to "wake up" and begin functioning again was taken to heart by the nursing staff, student nurses, and various others charged with Pattie's care. As we speak there is evidence of significant yawns and stretches, so the "awakening" is imminent. Praise for Pattie's resolve and strength as she works to do everything possible to heal from the surgery as quickly as possible. Pray for the hard parts of that process; pain, increasing breathing capacity, nausea, and allowing others to love her as much as she loves them. Time and words will not permit the expression of the depth of our gratitude for the many and varied ways you have shown your love for us. Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. Dear Pattie and Willie,
    I am so encouraged to hear about today's progress! You are so strong, Pattie, and I bet you will recover excellently. I think the pain may be pretty awful, but it sounds like you are determined anyway! Thank Peter again for setting this up, okay? Willie, you are eloquent in your postings; it helps us know what is happening. Someone else said it before me; Boulder and Rose Hospital seem so far apart!
    Pattie, it was a lovely warm day today, and I took a walk for you. Now the clouds are racing across the sky and I guess we will have a tad more winter/spring storminess. I saw that my tulips look squashed! But, spring is in the air, and when you come home, I bet your crocuses and spring flowers will be smiling for you on the front walk. Take care and know how much we do
    Love you,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, We just returned from choir practice and the first thing I did was check to see if there was a posting--and YES!! THANK YOU for your diligence in keeping us informed. I know Pattie has expert care and hope that she can relax and enjoy being pampered a bit. I know the pain and the discomfort don't feel like pampering right now--

    Keep the resolve and the positive attitude and watch as the prayers are being answered.
    Love, R & G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again - so good to hear from you, Willie, and keep in touch and up to date. Pattie - hang in there and keep that determination that we know you have, that resolve to finish the race - be strong enough to leave the hospital when the time is right. We pray for strength, ease of pain, victory over obstacles for return to strength, and a sense of God's presence evidenced in all that you do.

    Jerolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pattie and Willie,

    I to am just home from choir practice and checking in before getting ready for bed. It is good reading your comments Willie. Thank you so much for letting us know that Peter is safely home and that Pattie is progressing. I really appreciate the news. Here is hoping that both of you have a good nights sleep and that tomorrow brings growing strength and less pain.
    Love,
    Ruth and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  5. another day for you to heal Pattie. We pray that today is good in moving around and not as much pain. How nice that Kurt/family came to see you and that Peter got home safely. So know that we love you and continue to think and pray for you. I am off to take care of Jaden and then Hunter a little later. Hope to see you soon- when you are ready for visitors. love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie,

    I'm thinking about you this morning. Peter said it was great to see you before he left yesterday morning. That you seemed in good spirits and had already walked some.

    The kids loved their presents. Spencer is wearing his new shirt. Fits perfectly. Right now they are all dancing to songs from Singing in the Rain. They LOVE it and now request certain songs. Spencer just asked for Moses Supposes.

    Lots of love,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to you Pattie and your family. It took me a little while to figure out the blog STUFF but I didn't give up. You are in my thoughts every waking moment. Wanted to let you know that Gabe and Mina had a beautiful baby boy Wed. at 5:02am. He is 7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long. His name is Santiago Kayan Esparza. I hope each day is a little bit better than the day before.
    Much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pattie and Willie,

    You know that I have not been very good at email for some time and thus my comments should show you that I am checking frequently. I have an appointment in Berthoud this morning and Otto and I will head to the dermatologist for a second biopsy this afternoon, but I will check when in to see if there are comments and to learn of progress. They think this biopsy will lead to a more definite diagnosis. We will tell you the news when we get it next week. Take good care of each other and we look forward to talking with you when you are strong enough.
    Love, R & O

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to you Sue on this darling little boy. You will love being a grandmother- it is the greatest. Pattie, know that you would second it about being a grandmother. Hope that your day continues to be good. love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pattie, haven't been able to get on here yet so Pat is helping me now. We'll see if it works. RZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAH! It worked. I am so glad to be able to write to you directly. You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much, and the blogs from Willie and Peter have been wonderful to keep up on your progress. You are a real trooper and I will continue to pray for strength, courage, and relief from the pain as you are healing. Also praying for Willie as he is there with his love and support. Love RZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello on Thursday, Pattie and Willie,
    How was today?
    Is everything waking up? That might mean more discomfort, but also that healing is happening. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you today...and looking forward to your return to Boulder.
    Pat Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Willie and Pattie:
    So good to hear of the continued progress and healing! Thanks for your faithful reporting for those of us who are so far away right now.
    Take each day patiently (what else can you do, since you are a patient?!) and continue to get stronger minute by minute. Know we love you...
    As always, Doug and Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Pattie - so good to be included in these messages to know you hear them from the other end. Its like an umbilical cord with our messages the nutrition, the support system to you. We are all the capillaries, the arteries and veins feeding you with our love and encouragement. And, God designed the whole system as we are to encourage and pray for each other. (And God had help from you, Peter.)

    Psalm 4:1 " God hast enlarged me when I was in distress." Magnified in love and support, and meaning God is evident to you and in you.

    ReplyDelete