Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Beginning this glorious day buoyed by the benefit of a good night's rest, Pattie had a reasonably good day. There was some drowsiness, pain, and shortness of breath. Dr. Donato said that the fluid that has built up in Pattie's lung during this past week will be extracted tomorrow so that she will have a more comfortable time until chemotherapy can begin in a couple of weeks. That chemo process will be under the direction of Dr. Jenny Fox, an oncologist at the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center in Boulder (Tebo Center at the Arapahoe Campus of BCH) and long time friend (daughter of Marsh Riggs) Pattie and I had a good evening Easter meal together in her room at Rose Medical Center (both of us had solid food!) We talked about the Easter Service at Macky Auditorium, Boulder today. I attended and returned to Denver. It was a marvellous service proclaiming The Risen Christ. Kurt, Barb, Ethan, and Megan stopped in again briefly on their way back to Fort Collins. Hopefully things will stabilize to the point that Pattie can be released to the custody of her Nicholl Street caregiver tomorrow. All in all this week has been one to remember in so many ways... In the midst of pain, we have seen evidence of deep caring and astounding answers to prayer. He is risen indeed!!

4 comments:

  1. Amen!! It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! Have a restful night as I'm sure Pattie looks forward to your return tomorrow. I'm sure the "Nicholl Street" caregiver will be the best!!
    We look forward to hearing that the trip to Boulder has been made.
    Love, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!
    Is this the day that you can come home? How wonderful! We all cannot wait to see for ourselves the amazing progress you have made, Pattie. It somehow seems more special that you had this week with Willie at the most special time of year. It is an Easter you will never forget, I am sure. I hope by now you have had the lung drained and are more comfortable. Willie, let us know how we can support the Nicholl caregiver!
    Love and prayers,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for a fairly good day yesterday. It was indeed another memorable day celebrating our Lord. Both of my girls send their best wishes to you Pattie. We continue to pray that your move home today will be fairly easy and not complicated. Willie, please call on us at any time to help. I continue to pray for the best recovery before chemo starts- so glad that it is in Boulder. love to both of you, love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, Pattie and Willie. We know you will be coming home sometime today so praying for safe and comfortable trip back. I pray you will arrive to God's loving comfort in your own home, Pattie. How nice it will be for you to get back home.

    We will be eager to help, call, love, pray for and support in any way we can. God bless you both and your family around you. (Family in Christ, too)

    Jerolyn

    ReplyDelete