Monday, April 27, 2009
OOOOOOOOOOhhhh What a Monday!
Following up on the Thorosentisis from last week, we had yet another x-ray this PM. After that we saw Jenny Fox's Physician's Assistant, who said that there remained some things about the lung that Jenny should see . We set up ANOTHER x-ray and appointment with Jenny for Wednesday. (We just happened to have the day free!) Also today Pattie began developing a reddish rash on her chest. Upon examination, the PA pronounced it to be shingles, and wrote a prescription (which costs a king's ransom, even in generic!) and gave a review of how to treat it; including no hot showers, no scratching, use an oatmeal paste, etc... We are supposed to be very grateful that it was noticed so early and will hopefully not develop further. (We're trying!) Pattie is experiencing the tiredness and weakness associated with chemotherapy, and it is hard for her to give in to it, but any other choice is rapidly vanishing. We are feeling the wrath of the treatment "beast" and looking forward to a time when it is gone along with the much larger cancer "BEAST".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am sure that you are finding the days very busy with medical appointments and hurry and wait. My hope is that you were both able to get a good nights sleep. We continue to think of you two throughout the day and on waking during the night.
ReplyDeleteRuth and Otto
Yes, thank you Willie. I always look for your words so that we know how to pray. I am so sorry about the shingles, but seeing it early is good. I do remember Pattie, that after a few days, I did take cool showers- with back to the shower head. So see if the rash begins to disappear, and then try that.
ReplyDeleteI wish you good luck with choosing a wig. Hopefully you can have fun with that- a new style or something different- or just choosing something that makes you feel good.
love and prayers to both of you, love Karen
As always I so want to know how and what to pray for you. Thank you both so much for writing from your hearts.
ReplyDeleteDoug and I pray that you will find relief soon from the shingles rash and that you both can get much needed rest.
Know that you are in our hearts. Love,Judy