Thursday, April 16, 2009
Surgery Follow-Up Consultation
We had a good conversation with surgeon, Dr. Donato this morning. He said that the healing process was well under way and we were cleared for round II of dealing with this beast. Pattie and I got all our accumulated questions answered. Tomorrow at 8:30 AM we meet with oncologist, Dr. Jenny Fox at the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center in Boulder. Then and there we hope to set a schedule for beginning chemotherapy as soon as practicable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with tomorrow's appointment. I'm sure that it was a lot better to talk to Dr. Donato now that you were able to gather all of your questions and not feel rushed.
ReplyDeleteHope that it wasn't too hard for you to travel to the office today and that you have a decent understanding of what to expect with chemo--although maybe that will come tomorrow when you meet with Dr. Fox.
I'm sure that Peter will call you later.
Thinking of you and so happy that we had a chance to chat a few nights ago. You sounded great!
Lots of love,
Heather
Glad to know that you have all of your questions answered. I hope tomorrow's session goes as well. Carry a pillow with you for the bumps on the road as you go to the doctor's office. That helps.
ReplyDeleteI know that you are appreciating your time at home and not being under constant tests and probes. Enjoy spring and the birds singing.
We are thinking of you.
G & R
so glad that things are going so well. I will be praying as you meet with Dr Fox. I know that you will have your list of questions ready for her too. I do pray that you slept last night and that you feel a little more rested and healed this morn.
ReplyDeleteSo we love you and are thinking of you. Hope to talk next week. love to both of you, love Karen
Hello Pattie and Willie,
ReplyDeleteI hope this note finds you comfortable, Pattie, and getting prepared for next steps. This is such a hard journey, and we are all praying so hard that God will gather you close and help you through the hard spots! May He give you a blessed rest tonight.
Pat