Just got off the phone with mom and dad, and it seems as though mom's doing better today. The doctor came in this morning and was encouraged with her progress, although he definitely wants here to stay today and give her body the time it needs. Despite the rough day yesterday, she did get out walking the halls four times, and has already been once today. This is a HUGE improvement from when I last saw her on Wednesday morning. And it's a huge step toward going home. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
Happy Easter everyone. New life and the renewal of spring seem to be a little more poingant this year.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks once again for the update. May the progress continue and may Pattie be well enough to go home.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers,
Ruth and Otto
That's great news! I hope that you continue to feel better with each day. I also hope that the pain is diminishing a little.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to point out that both of you are a little crazy! We just got home to the Easter package from you. Did you swing by the post office on the way to the hospital?!
We always appreciate your efforts and this year, that much more. As I type, Delia is dancing around to the chicken dance egg...I'm sure that this song won't get old at all!
I look forward to continued updates. Congratulations on all of your walking--that is amazing and really helps all aspects of your recovery.
Much love,
Heather
P.S. I think I mentioned that the girls LOVE the egg and think it's very special!! They just cleaned it to make it nice and shiny and asked if I planned to keep it on my dresser. They both think that we can play the music (i.e. the Chicken Dance Song) to help us fall asleep at night.
ReplyDeleteFor everyone else...it's a yellow egg that is about 6 or so inches high and does look fancy. Until you push it. Then it plays the Chicken Dance....over...and over (at the hands of 3 year olds!). Pretty in line with Knierim gift giving :)
so glad to hear that you are doing better today, Pattie. Know that Willie is too because you are.:-) So it is each day at a time, and sounds like you might be over the hardest part with the surgery.
ReplyDeleteThe little yellow egg sounds cute- maybe we should all do the Chicken Dance for you Pattie.:) Thanks for sharing that Heather.
And yes, you are so right about new life, and renewed life, Peter, being more poignant this year. love to to you Pattie and Willie from Karen
pps...I have already eaten ALL of my jelly beans and m&ms...thanks!
ReplyDeleteHurray for a better day! However, it does seem wise that Pattie and Willie mailed the Chicken Dance Egg to the east coast. Otherwise Pattie might feel compelled to start dancing in the hospital hallway! Seriously, we are thrilled that there has been good progress and that the possibility of heading home sounds closer each day! Love, Doug and Judy
ReplyDelete