No, not Pattie, silly. Just Peter, and just for the evening. Dad's still at the hospital where mom's resting comfortably, hitting that little morphine button to keep the pain at bay. But we were talking with her a bit this evening, and she seems in good spirits, and definitely relieved that the surgery is over. I think she's even a little empowered by the experience and ready for the rest of the fight.
But for the next couple of days, it's all about feeling a little better and stronger, minute by minute. I'm glad we were able to be there as a family, and although it was under extreme circumstances, it was good to hang out with the guys for a little while. I know we've all said it, but again thank you for your caring, prayer, and support. My mom's a pretty remarkable woman who's got some pretty remarkable friends. We'll all get through this together.
More tomorrow, including possibly even words from the woman herself. We'll see.
But for the next couple of days, it's all about feeling a little better and stronger, minute by minute. I'm glad we were able to be there as a family, and although it was under extreme circumstances, it was good to hang out with the guys for a little while. I know we've all said it, but again thank you for your caring, prayer, and support. My mom's a pretty remarkable woman who's got some pretty remarkable friends. We'll all get through this together.
More tomorrow, including possibly even words from the woman herself. We'll see.
Have a good night--
ReplyDeleteGloria
Dear Pattie,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you are doing well tonight. Sleep well. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow too as you begin to recover.
Love,
Pat Z.
Thanks, Peter for keeping us connected. I hope you boys have a good night's sleep and that Pattie will rest peacefully.
ReplyDeleteWe are all on the same team and cheering for Pattie.
Good morning-
ReplyDeleteHope you were able to get some rest.
My mom just called to check in on you and wanted me to send you her thoughts. She wants you to know that she has been thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.
I've been keeping her updated--especially since she never turns on her computer!
Hope you have something scrumptious for breakfast.
Love,
Heather
Thanks Peter for doing your best to keep us informed. I did not notice that you had your Dad post one as well. Do thank Willie for us and give your Mom our best. Tell her that our group will get together today, but we will miss her. Hopefully, you will see changes for the better before your trip back east. Thanks for coming and we will be praying for your safe trip home tomorrow. For now, may you three enjoy each other in the midst of this intense time.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ruth and Otto