Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Consolidation and Anticipation

The morning was as good as the night was bad. Fluid is certainly an obstacle to breathing well, and it hinders a good night's rest. The birds were especially vocal during this warm (almost 70 degree), Spring morning. The afternoon appointment for chemotherapy orientation went well. The nurse matter-of-factly went through the good, bad, and ugly of the process and gave a helpful preview of coming attractions. Following our orientation we met with Dr. Jenny Fox and she wants another fluid draw and CT scan tomorrow in preparation for the initial chemotherapy session on Friday at 10:30 AM. Thank you for your continuing support and generous expressions of caring for us.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pattie, I've just read your note about all the procedures, times, etc. I am so thankful that you are getting the fluid off. I was concerned yesterday that you were so short of breath already. What a time you are having. I'l pray for extra strength for you and Willie the next two days as there are so many things scheduled. Also that you truly will feel God's arms around you when you are feeling overwhelmed and /or exhausted. Paul and I are leaving for Estes tomorrow for his birthday. We will come back late Friday afternoon to get Freyja from school, so I will be out of touch until then. I will check as soon as I get back. I pray all goes well with the first chemo treatment. Can hardly wait to see the wig(s) - Redhead perhaps, or sultry black!!!HA
    Love ya both, Roe Zanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so sorry that you have to go thru another draining- hopefully this one is faster than the last one. And pray that this might be the last???

    I will continue to pray and think about you and Willie. I especially will be praying tomorrow morn- at least the chemo is here.

    I will have time to pray just for you as I drive to Denver to help with the little ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you much of the time. love to both you and Willie. love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie,

    I am thinking of you and wish I could carry some of your pain and discomfort for you.

    I hope that you don't have to wait long today for draining and your CT Scan and that you are able to get some rest tonight before tomorrow's chemo. I hope, too, that the chemo is not too horrible. We were thinking that if you find that the 4 hours takes days to go by, Peter could load some music for you on an mp3 player and get it out there before your next session. Some good jazz and classical might be nice. Anyway, let us know if that is something that you want us to get together.

    We're getting some good weather--so much so that there is a heat advisory for Sunday's race! The hottest day of the year so far.

    Let me know if there is anything that we can do at all--despite our distance.

    Much love,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete