Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Another Step
Yesterday AM was calm and relatively "normal" for these unusual days. In the afternoon, Pattie had a 3:30 appointment with Dr. Richard Fox (no relation to Jenny) to surgically place/implant a port so that the chemotherapy regimen can begin thereby avoiding the roulette IV placement process. Dr. Fox was running late, so Pattie did not have the outpatient procedure until after 6:00. With recovery and the dismissal procedure we were able to return home by 9:00 PM. After a long, restless, painful night, Pattie is hoping for a respite from the medical marathon today, before resuming with evaluation, tests, and chemo orientation tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will be praying for you tomorrow as you learn about the next step of chemo. I can only imagine that there is some anxiety- but will pray that all questions are answered and that you feel physically strong to start this next process.
ReplyDeleteKnow that I love you both and will do anything that I can to help- I am just a phone call away. My prayers continue each day for you. love Karen
Dear Friends, We were sad along with you to hear of the delay at the doctor's office. Just waiting can be uncomfortable, we know. We are praying that this evening will be a more comfortable one for you both and that you will be able to get restful sleep. Know that our thoughts and hearts are with you! Doug & Judy
ReplyDeleteGoodness! I was just away from this site for 2 days, and so much happened! You two are amazing and so strong to make it through so many challenges.
ReplyDeleteNow comes another. I will pray for persistence, endurance, and eradication of the cancer cells that are causing all this fluid buildup especially.
Let us know when we can help. It is such a gift to us. As are you both,
Love,
Pat and Dan