Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NEW, BUT FAMILIAR

Two challenges are on the horizon in the next couple of days. Tomorrow will be thoracentesis number 9 in 10 weeks. Friday late morning and early afternoon will be Chemotherapy session number 2. Please continue to lift Pattie up in prayer as we embrace all the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of this phase of our lives.

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you all week Pattie, knowing that tomorrow is your next chemo session. I am praying for you- that this one will help with the lung, no nausea, and little tiredness. Go Pattie go!!! Will pray about today's lung procedure.

    Know that you are in our prayers all of the time. Ari was so pleased to see her name in your thank you- she thinks that we should make cookies again for you.:-) love to you and Willie , Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattie--

    Sorry that I missed you last night. The kids loved the bubble machine and were so excited to get a package! The girls had to wait until Bay woke up from his nap and they did a pretty good job of trying to be patient. I love the machine, too. I can actually turn it on, have them run around outside and get dinner started! Thanks so much.

    I will be thinking of you as you start your second round of chemo and hoping that it provides a much needed respite from the fluid build up. Hoping that today's procedure goes smoothly.

    I will talk to you soon.

    Lots of love!

    Heather

    PS...Delia and Hayley are turning into quite the good jumpers-Delia, a bit more. She was really excited to learn that you were a jumping champ growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends,
    I have been praying for and with you all day today. My prayers have been for success with the chemo session and for effectiveness of this treatment. I do hope this will reduce the amount of fluid building up in your lungs.
    Doug, Jacqui and Scott all send their love!
    As always, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pattie,
    Finally I am back on this website. thank you for keeping us posted.
    Of course we all were praying for you this morning at Martha's.
    I hope you are comfortable tonight and that indeed the treatment begins to reduce the fluid buildup in your lung.
    Was it beautiful to look out of the huge windows you were descrbing to us? We looked through a few windows also to try to help Martha out! We missed you, but you were with all of us anyway.
    I never knew you were a jumping champion!!!
    Love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete