Saturday, May 9, 2009
Hair Loss and Wigs
Four or five days ago the entire top of my head became tender and sensitive. It turned out to be clue #1 that I would soon start losing my hair. Friday and today whenever I comb my hair, a significant amount of it comes out in my comb. This has been especially true on the top of my head. And so soon I will know what shape my head has. Thursday I had my first encounter with trying on wigs. I don't think I was seriously thinking of a wig as a substitute for my own hair; it was like I was going to attend a costume party. Nothing looked like me. One day I will move on, buy a wig and have my hair dresser cut and style it; but not right now. One of the drawbacks was that all the wigs have coarse and thick hair; I am used to fine and thin hair. Another problem was that after about a half hour of trying on wigs, my nostrils became very irritated, and I started to sneeze. Then I remembered that I have always had that reaction to fur - real or faux. So whether or not I will ever wear a wig may be a mute question. In the meantime there are plenty of scarves and hats to be had. Pattie K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry for the difficulties with the wig trying on, but glad for your attitude. From what I have heard, wigs are not all that they are cracked up to be.:-) You will know what/when is right for you.
ReplyDeleteJust want to say happy mother's day to you- remembering those days when our guys/girls were all little. What a blessing our kids have been to us and now our grandchldren.
So do have a lovely day and know that you are loved and prayed for. love to you and Willie, Karen
I guess all of my friends who have donated their hair to Locks of Love have thick, generally wavy hair, which enables them to grow it long enough for a donation! My hair would take years--as would your hair or any of the other CT Knierims....so that is probably why they don't have fine haired wigs! Plus, it would be pretty uncomfortable if you ended up with hair that made you sneeze all day! What kind of scarves do you like, in case I see them while I'm running around?
ReplyDeleteI, like Karen, love your perspective and attitude. You will be beautiful in your scarves and hats--and probably stay cooler during the summer.
I'm sorry that I missed the call from Peter. Thinking of you on this Mother's Day. Wish that you could have been here for Peter's great baked French toast and bacon.
I hope that you are having a great day.
Lots of love,
Heather