Friday, May 22, 2009
A Happy Birthday
Thursday turned out to be a day I can describe only as "wretched" -- most of the day I spent in bed. This meant that the chemotherapy drugs had caused anemia, so that I did end up spending seven hours today at the hospital receiving a blood transfusion. It turned out to be a relaxing time and actually went fairly quickly. I have to say that I feel a LOT better than I did 24 hours ago. As it happened today is my birthday, and I was treated so well by my friends and family that it more than made up for the time spent at the hospital. I felt very loved and cared for as Willie fixed breakfast for me; several people called to wish me a Happy Birthday; others stopped by with or sent flowers and gifts; a number sent cards or e-mails; and one prepared us a wonderful meal of pot roast, vegetables, cantaloupe and homemade cookies. Highlighting the day was a phone call with Peter, Heather, Delia (3), Hayley(3) and Spencer (2) singing "Happy Birthday" and creative homemade birthday cards from Kurt, Barb, Megan and Ethan. I end the day feeling content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was great to talk with you tonight--despite the chaos going on on our end, I could tell you already sounded a lot better than when we spoke on Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteTo go from wretched to content (following a relaxing time during your transfusion!!) is a great thing. You are loved by so many people!
I'm happy that our impeccable 5-part harmony was enjoyed.
Time to go to sleep.
We will talk with you soon.
Lots of love and a Happy Birthday-
Heather
Dear Pattie,
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear that the fresh, new blood was just what the doctor ordered! Glad that the restful day was beneficial and that so many good things did happen to help you celebrate your birthday! Be sure to let us know how we can be helpful to you and Willie.
Much love and many prayers as always, Judy