Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Day of Blessings

Today I physically felt the best I have felt since being diagnosed with cancer. On top of that the day was filled with good things: a good night's sleep; a bright sunshiny day; celebration of the good healing of my body since surgery one month ago today; a successful time getting the fluid drained from my lung; Willie there with me to encourage me and monitor my oxygen; lilacs from a friend; four handmade scarves for when I have a bald head from a fellow cancer patient; brownies from another friend; soup for dinner tonight brought by a friend yesterday; energy to get the ironing done; success in setting a time to look at wigs tomorrow. I am indeed blessed. Pattie K

3 comments:

  1. Pattie--Thanks so much for the update. What a great day! I know Peter told you about the kids' idea to send you a package this time. I will try to get it in the mail and will write an explanation of who picked out each thing. They all took their jobs very seriously and they were really thoughtful. Anything that we would think of, Delia (especially) and Hayley would say, "hmmmm...do you think that this will make her feel better?" As they were scribbling all over the card, I listened to them from the other room singing, "we love you. We hope you feel better. Get better." Delia then showed me the drawing and said, "there is also a little song in there."

    I am so happy that you are feeling well enough to really enjoy all of your great gifts from friends (and find the energy to iron! I never find the energy to iron! Luckily Peter got that interest from you).

    Well, I hear Peter on the phone with you. I look forward to his update.

    Much love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a good report, Pattie. It does sound like a good day from so many respects. I am with Heather tho on the ironing, I would have read a book.:-) But great too that the draining went well. What a blessing to have these good days to remember and for encouragement.

    So we pray that you continue to have good days, especially in feeling well.

    We continue to pray for you and to love both of you. love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!
    Although it seems only yesterday that you called with the news of the upcoming surgery and the wait, and then again it seems like eons of waiting for this and waiting for that. I am glad you are getting to have your "hair" appointment. Those always make you feel better.

    Since the ironing is such a joy, I guess I'll have to get mine boxed up and in the mail:) Do you think it would be wrinkle free when it returned?

    Enjoy a great Mother's Day weekend and keep the energy up! You are really an inspiration to all of us.
    In our prayers always,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete