Monday, August 24, 2009

Entering a New Phase

With the final chemotherapy completed and the dreaded follow-up days of experiencing the side effects a thing of the past, I can now put the cancer treatment behind me and look ahead toward gaining strength and recapturing a more normal routine to life. My oncologist, Jenny Fox, will continue to monitor my blood work to determine at what point we will be ready to make an evaluation of the treatment's results. That will likely occur in mid-September. In the meantime my goals are to be able to celebrate Willie's September 20th birthday with our Fort Collins' kids and to resume meeting weekly with my small group. I just realized that would be taking two steps at a time! Dare I progress so quickly from the longtime pattern of taking life "one step at a time"? I think I am ready!! Pattie K

2 comments:

  1. hip hip hooray!!!! I will continue to pray that you will heal quickly and that all tests/results come back in a positive way. What a process, but hopefully good things are ahead.

    So know that we continue to pray for you and that we love you and Willie. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattie and Willie,
    Finally the treatments are over! What an accomlishment. Linda Overholser at church today asked about you. I told her that this series of treatments has ended and that your courage; both of you!...has been inspirational.
    Pattie, what a gift if you can resume Bible studies. This week, we are celebrating Roe Zanne's birthday at my house....regular time, 9;15 on Tuesday. If you are up to it, come!
    Otherwise, continue to get strong for Willie's special day.
    We are so grateful for your journey completed.
    A good sermon today from Dr. Stratman; I think you would be inspired by it, too.
    Love to you both,
    pat and Dan

    ReplyDelete