Monday, September 21, 2009
Doctor's Assessment of My Treatment
We now have an assessment of the treatment I have received for ovarian cancer over the past almost seven months. Based on the comparison of a Sept. 16 CT scan with others I have had, on the CA125 blood reading, the oncologist's observation and my comments about how I feel, my doctor is pleased with how far I have come and the progress I have made. Although there are a couple of areas in the abdomen that we will keep an eye on, Dr. Fox put her best positive spin on things and is what I would call reservedly optimistic. I will continue to have regular appointments with her, will see the oncologist who did the surgery last April for a follow-up exam, and will continue CT scans and blood work every few months. In the meantime my intent is to live life as though cancer is not a threat until such time I am given reason to behave differently. We did go to Fort Collins to celebrate Willie's birthday on the 20th, and I have been able to begin attending my small group weekly meetings. My next goal is to attend the Gospel music program at the church on the 27th and to begin attending worship services in October. Thanks to you who have followed our blog, who have said numerous prayers for Willie and me, who have loved us in so many other ways. We are truly grateful. Pattie K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment