Wednesday, June 17, 2009
FEELING BETTER
I wanted to let you know that starting over the weekend, I have begun to gradually feel better each day. I have learned, though, that how I feel is quite relative. Compared to six months ago I feel rather lousy; but compared to last week I feel great. I would say my level of weakness and pain is about 10% of what it was last week. My greatest desire right now is to get rid of the oxygen. I have had it 24/7 for three months now. I have a concentrator in the living room with a super long cord attached that I drag with me to go from room to room (even into the shower). On the other end is the cannula that goes across my face and into my nose. About the only time I take it off is to wash my face and put on make-up. Obviously I am pretty well limited to the house; not even the yard. I cannot cook as we have a gas stove, and I can't go near the flame. We do have a portable to use to go to medical appts.; but the tank holds only about an hour's worth of oxygen, which means that Willie watches it and always has an extra tank or two on hand. I needed the oxygen whenever I was having the fluid build-up of my lung; but with the chemo the build-up has stopped and the fluid is drying. My last drain was May 26. Let's pray the time is near for freedom from the limitations of the oxygen. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Pattie K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pattie, that is good news. And you are right- it is all relevant. If you are feeling better than last week, today is where we are. I will continue to pray that you can get off the oxygen soon- that would be so freeing. I am hopeful that you will be able to go into your lovely back yard with a book/snack, and then just nap for awhile and feel rested. On a lounge chair of course.:-)
ReplyDeleteSo know that you are loved and prayed for often and much. My girls send their love- they ask often about you. love to you and Willie, Karen
Dear Pattie...let me try this again. My thoughts are focused on that oxygen tank and I see it disappearing from your living room...soon, soon, gone. There, done. I read that you were wearing make-up and I thought three cheers for you and the energy it must take to apply it. Santiago is 2 months old and thriving. Gabe and Mina are buying a house and Nic bought some lupine for his garden in his backyard. Life continues. My thoughts are always with you and now are pointed at that oxygen machine. Love, Sue
ReplyDelete