Saturday, June 13, 2009

UNPREPARED

Somehow I lost what I wrote and will try again. I was not ready for the difficulty of this past week. Due to the new chemo drug and a shot last Saturday to encourage my bone marrow to manufacture more white blood cells, I have spent most of the week in bed. I have experienced weakness unlike anything I have known before, and the pain in my bones is deeper than I ever imagined pain could be. I had read that the effects of chemo were cumulative over time, but I was not prepared for what that actually would look like. Today I have felt a little better, and at Friday's medical appointment I was told that the worst should be over within the next several days. I was glad to hear that. I have much to be grateful for -- your concern and prayers; a visit today from Kurt, Barb, Megan and Ethan (our son and his family from Ft. Collins); for friends who provided meals this week. I never seem to be too sick to eat!! Lastly, my calendar shows that this will be the first week since late February that I have no medical appointments scheduled. Whatever will I do with my time? Pattie K

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that this week has started off better than last week. I felt so badly when I heard how hard your last week was. I am so sorry. I just pray that this week is better. How great to break your pain with a visit from 'the kids'.

    I am working to finish my latest baby quilt and baby sitting all kids this week- so should be an exciting week.:-)

    Know that I pray alot for you and Willie, Karen

    ReplyDelete