Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Bend in the Road

Today I received a letter from Rose Medical Center in Denver sent to patients who might have been exposed to hepatitis C. I began my treatment there on April 6, when I had surgery for ovarian cancer. I will go tomorrow to be tested. I solicit your prayers and support that my results be negative. As is often the case, the news since my chemotherapy on June 26 has been both good and bad. The really good news is that I have experienced virtually no pain this time around. On the other hand, the weakness and dizziness following the chemo has hung on much longer, just today showing a slight improvement. I will have a shot on Friday to bolster my red blood count, and that should help. I have a goal of being able to go with Willie, Kurt, Barb and our twin grandchildren to BDT's performance of Annie on July 15. This would be my initial time going out after getting off the oxygen -- actually it would be my first time out since all of this started on February 26!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pattie and Willie,
    I like this goal, Pattie! How fun to go to that production. It would be a wonderful milestone. I am glad you see just the beginning of some energy return. Keep up the good work. I was already praying about the blood test re:Rose Med. I sure hope it comes out with no infection. That is just an awful case. Willie, I hope you are doing well too.
    Pat and Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will be praying about this latest test- ugh...... We pray that no one, especially you, has been infected.

    How fun to go to Annie. Have heard that is a great production. So hopefully you will be able to go with a cute hat or scarf.

    My prayers and love continue for you, for both of you. Karen

    ReplyDelete